ADVANCE YOUR LEADERSHIP SKILLS
2011 Leadership Training Conference (LTC)
March 3-6, 2011 • Dallas, TX
WHAT IS THE LEADERSHIP TRAINING CONFERENCE (LTC)?
The purpose of the 2011 Leadership Training Conference is to provide ASME unit leaders and key committee personnel with an opportunity to learn crucial skills and network with other units important to the successful operation of the Society.
THE LTC PROGRAM WILL INCLUDE:
- An overall view of the Society’s organization and activities and resources
- Leadership skills training to help you succeed in leading your ASME unit
- Idea Mart – a mini expo featuring communities, units and sectors from across ASME
- Parallel tracks for first timers (ASME 101), and more seasoned leaders (Advanced Leadership Forum)
- An opportunity to network with other leaders and ASME staff
- A forum for sharing ideas and best practices
- Leadership skills.... including a pre-conference workshop - "The Leaders' Voice," with Ron Crossland, sponsored by the VOLT Academy, Thursday 1-5:00 PM. ¤The pre-conference workshop is now FULL.¤
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND:
- Prepare for future challenges
- Share best practices and ideas
- Improve communication, team leadership, and project management skills
- Bring innovative ideas back to your workplace
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Incoming or prospective Executive Committee officers (unit leaders)
- Unit leaders who have never attended an LTC or ASME training seminar and those who are assuming key positions
- ASME volunteers who have served as members of a unit Executive Committee or Operating Board for several years, are ready for more advanced training, and have NOT previously attended more than one prior Leadership Training Conference
- Early Career Engineers. ASME encourages bright, energetic Early Career Engineers to volunteer their time for the Engineering Profession. Each year, a cohort of early career engineers are funded to attend the LTC, according to ASME policy 4.5. The application due date has passed, and applicants will be notified in early January.
LTC MENTORING PROGRAM:
An opportunity for delegates having ASME experience to mentor those interested in “wise counsel.”
Benefits to mentees include:
• Personal contact and help
• Arriving at the conference knowing someone
• A jump start on networking
• Guidance on sessions to attend
Benefits to mentors include:
• Enjoyment of making a young friend
• Learning what challenges new members/leaders
• Finding potential new help for ASME programs
Sign up to be a mentor or mentee when you register for the conference.
Section, Division and Institute leaders have been asked to identify candidates from their respective units. We encourage incoming leaders from across the society to self-fund delegates since the wide range and number of workshops is best suited for a delegate team from a unit.