“Participating in the SPDC broadens your know how, widens the view on the real world faced by engineers and gives the chance for students to couple their theoretical knowledge with practical applications.” |
Joseph Tayoun, District J
Benefits to you!
• Develop and practice skills required in the engineering workplace!
• Expand your NETWORK beyond your campus!
• Meet practicing engineers!
• Showcase your design projects!
• Enhance your soft skills! Work on a team!
• GET IDEAS for future projects!
• Win up to $500 and a trip to Houston, Texas!
What Happens at an SPDC?
• Technical Skill Development
• Professional Skill Development
• Opportunities to learn about and engage in ASME student leadership
• Student Section Advisor Meeting
Who Should Attend?
• Engineering Students interested in getting a jump start on their career
• ASME Student Section Advisors
Other Possible Activities (varies by individual SPDC):
• Graduate Student Technical Conference (GSTC)
• Early Career Technical Conference (ECTC)
• Student Leadership Seminar (SLS)
• Student Design Exposition
• Radio Controlled Baja Car Competition
• You Tube Competition
• Impromptu Design Competition
• T-Shirt Design Competition
• Career/Job Fair
• Panel Discussions
• Early Career Workshops