Attending the Student Leadership Seminar at Penn State allowed me to learn new and exciting leadership techniques while bonding with other ASME student section members. I loved the opportunity to share and learn new ideas on recruitment, event planning, volunteering, and so much more. SLS taught me how to
become a better leader within ASME, my university, and career.
Drexel University Section Chair
Benefits to You!
- Network with other student section leaders and ASME professionals
- Gain an edge
- Give your future career a BOOST
- Find out about other leadership opportunities in ASME
- Have fun!
Who should attend?
- All Student Section Officers and Committee Chairs
- Student Section Advisors
- Student Section Members interested in being on the Student Leadership Team
What happens at an SLS?
- Sharing of experiences and information about ASME and leading an ASME student section, to help you:
- Lead your ASME student section to new heights
- Increase your success in fundraising and recruiting members
- Get the most out of ASME’s benefits and activities
- Brainstorming sessions
- Workshops on leadership and management skills for student leaders and for student section advisors
- Professional development or career related talk
- Social activities and tours
We guarantee that the SLS will help you lead your ASME student section more effectively and develop your leadership skills!